At the Ceremony to honor Ho Chi Minh City’s tourism brand on the evening of March 26, 2016, the Ho Chi Minh City Museum together with the War Remnants Museum, Ho Chi Minh Museum – Ho Chi Minh City Branch were honored honored with the award “Museum attracts visitors”.
Museum of Ho Chi Minh City is a local research museum, a place to research, display and introduce the nature, history, culture and people of Ho Chi Minh City, associated with the history of Ho Chi Minh City. and Vietnamese culture. Every year, the Museum attracts more than 450,000 visitors, research and study.
Contents on display at the Museum include the following topics:
- Geography – Administration Saigon – Ho Chi Minh City
- Nature – Archeology
- Trade port, trade – Service
- Industry – Small handicrafts
- Folk culture
- Revolutionary struggle in the period 1930 – 1954
- Revolutionary struggle in the period 1954 – 1975
- War memorabilia
- Vietnamese dong
- Thematic exhibition: “The Imperial Citadel of Thang Long”, “Ho Chi Minh City – 40 years of development and integration”.
- Ancillary service areas (exhibitions, refreshments…), outdoor display areas.
- City Exhibition House – 92 Le Thanh Ton, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City.